1. These Terms
1. Please read these terms and conditions (“Terms”) carefully, they are a legal document and grant rights and responsibilities to users of the SellMyHome.co.uk website (“the Site”). You can print them or store them on your computer for later reference. By your continued use of the Site you agree to be bound by these Terms.
3. These terms and conditions are in addition to the ‘Terms of Business’ related to each sales option offered by us. In the event of conflict between terms and conditions herein and the authorised Terms of Business, these Terms and Conditions herein will be subordinate.
4. If after reading these Terms you do not agree to be bound by them please exit the Site immediately.
2. About us
1. The Site is provided by Reliance Properties Ltd T/A Sellmyhome.co.uk (“us/we”). Our registered and operating address is 61 Abbey street, Leicester LE1 3TE.
3. Use of the site
You may not cause any nuisance, annoyance or
inconvenience to SMH, SMH's customers or users of the Site. You agree to indemnify SMH against any
costs, claims, expenses or legal proceedings that may be taken as a result of your use of the Site.
2. You agree that you are responsible for the security and use of any passwords and user names to be used in accessing the Site. You agree to take all reasonable steps to protect and keep secure those passwords and usernames. If you fail to do so you will be held responsible for any unauthorised use of your passwords and usernames and any damage or loss that may arise as a result
3. You agree that you will not use the Site or any facility provided by SMH to send, receive, distribute, store, or otherwise deal with any material which is defamatory, offensive, illegal, obscene, subject to the intellectual property rights of others in breach of such rights, or breaches any duty of confidentiality by which you are bound.
4. You agree not to use the Site in any way that may be connected with the distribution of multiple unsolicited emails.
5. You agree to indemnify SMH against any costs, claims, expenses or legal proceedings that may be taken as a result of breach of any of the Terms & Conditions contained in these Terms. Further, SMH may at any time withdraw any access privileges that you may have to the Site or any other services or areas provided by them, if you are in contravention of any of the Terms or Conditions contained herein.
6. As the selling customer, you will verify information displayed by SMH in relation to your property and will advise SMH of any inaccuracies. Any material changes which may affect a property's description post instruction must be informed to SMH by you, the selling customer. SMH complies with the Property Misdescriptions Act 1991. (Please note the Property Misdescriptions Act 1991 has been repealed and the Consumer Protection from Unfair trading Regulations has replaced it.)
You allow a member of the SMH team access to the
property being placed for sale in order to confirm the accuracy of both valuation and descriptions.
8. All agreed fees and charges will be charged as advertised on sellmyhome.co.uk. Any commission fees owed to SMH will become due on exchange of contracts and payable upon completion for the essential and traditional package. This will be paid out of the final completion funds by your solicitor For the modern auction service any commission fees owed to SMH become due and payable on exchange of contracts. This will be paid by the buyer to SMH upon exchange of contracts If you dispute the work carried out and fees due, you must do so in writing prior to the completion date.
4. Pre-Approval of property listings
1. SMH will review and pre-approve any property listing proposed for publication on the Site before publishing. The listing may be rejected on the grounds that its content is a breach of these Terms, that the property so advertised is located outside of our “List of acceptable Postcodes” or any other grounds solely at SMH’s discretion.
2. If at any time you make changes to the material which SMH has previously approved in such a way as that material would not have received pre-approval SMH reserves the right to remove your material from the Site without obligation to refund any monies.
3. For vendors wishing to sell a property in Scotland, they are legally obliged to commission a Home Report prior to the property being marketed. This report needs to be produced by an independent provider, and therefore SMH can have no role in producing this documentation. It is the vendor’s responsibility to produce this document, and SMH will only market the property once we have been sent the full report.
1. It remains your responsibility to maintain the contact details you have provided to us. Failure to do so will be a breach of these Terms. If we cannot contact you within 10 working days of any attempt to do so we reserve the right to remove your advertisement from the Site without Notice to you or any third party
6. Intellectual property rights
1. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
2. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others to material posted on our site.
3. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
4. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
5. You must not use any part of the materials on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors, which may be withheld without reason.
7. As the owner of the property, you agree to take full responsibility for the accuracy of the property particulars and hereby indemnify us against any costs, claims, expenses or legal proceedings that may arise as a result.
8. Except as expressly authorised by us you agree not to copy, download, adapt, modify, rent, lease, loan sell distribute or create derivative works of any material contained in or content of the Site in whole or in part.
7. Our liability
The material displayed on our site is provided
without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we,
other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
2. All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
3. Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
4. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
5. SMH will offer its selling clients and prospective purchasers additional services such as but not limited to mortgages, insurances, pensions and investments and conveyancing from which SMH may derive a commission.
8. Reliance on information posted
1. Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
2. SMH does not make any representation or warranty as to whether any property advertised (“the Property”) on the Site is
3. You should make any checks or searches or take any relevant steps that may reveal faults in title or suitability of the property for your purposes and seek independent legal and surveying advice prior to any purchase of property (If you have any queries regarding solicitors’ contact www.lawsociety.org.uk, for surveyors’ contact www.rics.org)
9. No Offer
1. The property listings placed on the Site do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. SMH will receive offers on behalf of the vendor and therefore could be actively involved in sales negotiation, if requested.
10. Correspondence and general management
1. Where applicable, the Sellmyhome team will manage all correspondence between buyers and sellers. This may be limited to pre-offer activity or Sales completion activity, dependent on your chosen sales option or ‘add-on’ services. A member of the team will take responsibility for communicating all offers, viewing requests, any feedback and all requests for information.
11. Viruses, hacking and other offences
1. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
2. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
3. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
12. Our site changes regularly
1. We aim to update our site regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
2. We reserve the right to remove from the Site any material for any reason without notice to you or any third parties at our sole discretion. We accept no liability for loss or damage as a result of any such removal
13. Links from our site
1. Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
14. Uploading material to our site
1. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with these Terms. You warrant that any such contribution does not contain any material which is defamatory, offensive, illegal, obscene, subject to the intellectual property rights of others in breach of such rights, or breaches any duty of confidentiality by which you are bound, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
2. Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy, or is in breach of any statutory provisions or is in any other way illegal.
3. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or
posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with these Terms.
15. Internet Access
1. SMH will not accept any liability for loss or damage which arises from your accessing of the internet. You access the internet at your own risk and are bound by the laws of any relevant jurisdiction. Any loss which you suffer as a result of interrupted access or inability to access the internet shall not be the responsibility of SMH.
16. Jurisdiction and applicable law
2. SMH will not accept any variation of the Terms by you unless agreed in writing. SMH is under no obligation to agree to such a variation and may withhold it at their sole discretion.
1. Notices may be served by post to our Registered Office as detailed above.
2. SMH may serve notice on you by post or by email. Notice shall be effective from the date of posting or the date of sending by email.
19. Duration and Termination
1. These Terms bind you immediately, your use of the Site is acceptance of them, they may only be terminated if;
20. Statutory Rights
1. Nothing contained in these Terms affects your statutory rights.
1. Where applicable, payment will only be accepted by BACS bank transfer credit or debit card payable through an online system provided or authorised by SMH. Charges may be suspended at any time by SMH at their sole discretion for a period at their sole discretion. Please refer to our present scale of charges
22. Confidentiality, Privacy & Data Protection
1. SELLMYHOME.CO.UK (‘SMH’) is the ‘Controller’ for data protection purposes. This means that SMH collects and holds your information and decides what it will be used for. SMH is subject to the requirements of data protection legislation applicable to the UK and must use your personal data in accordance with the law. Reliance Properties Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), with registration number ZA526739. SMH’s contact details are: Address: Reliance Properties Ltd, Office: 61 Abbey street Leicester LE13TE.
2. SMH keeps your information confidential and will not disclose it to third parties unless disclosure is:
3. SMH uses your information primarily to provide estate agency services to you. SMH also uses your information for: accounting and billing purposes; to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, and to manage its business effectively. SMH may also send you information about its services or events that it thinks may be of interest to you. You will be given an option to opt-out of receiving these communications.
4. SMH is owned by Reliance Properties Ltd. Reliance Properties Ltd also owns RENTMYHOME.CO.UK LTD, MANAGEMYHOME.CO.UK LIMITED and SELLMYHOME.CO.UK LTD. The same staff work in each and the same records management systems are used in all companies. This means that your information will be visible across all of the companies albeit by exactly the same staff that are also working in the company that you have instructed.
5. SMH may work with other professionals such as solicitors, surveyors, mortgage brokers etc. to progress your property matter, and may need to disclose relevant information about you to them in order to provide their services to you. Please contact SMH if you have any queries about this.
6. Sometimes SMH outsources part of its work to other people or companies to improve efficiency in its services and your customer experience. For example, SMH outsources property photography. SMH will always carry out due diligence and obtain confidentiality agreements from such outsourced providers. If you would like more information about SMH’s outsourcing arrangements, please contact SMH.
7. SMH may correspond with you by email if you provide SMH with an email address, unless you advise us in writing that you do not wish SMH to do so. You acknowledge that email may not be secure. Email will be treated as written correspondence and SMH is entitled to assume that the purported sender of an email is the actual sender and that any express or implied approval or authority referred to in an email has been validly given. Please be aware that SMH may monitor and read any email correspondence travelling between you and any mail recipient at SMH as part of its monitoring activities to ensure compliance with its Information Management & Security Policy.
8. SMH will aim to communicate with you by such method as you request. More often than not this will be in writing but may be by telephone if it is appropriate.
9. Where you provide SMH with fax or email addresses for sending material to, you are responsible for ensuring that your arrangements are sufficiently secure and confidential to protect your interests. You must tell SMH if this method of communication is not secure so that SMH can use an alternative method.
10. The Internet is not secure and there are risks if you send sensitive information in this manner or you ask SMH to do so. Please be aware that the data SMH sends by email is not routinely encrypted.
11. SMH will take reasonable steps to protect the integrity of its computer systems by screening for viruses on email sent or received. SMH expects you to do the same for your computer systems.
12. It is very unlikely that SMH will change its bank account details during the course of your matter. In any event, SMH will never contact you by email to tell you that its details have changed. If you receive any communications purporting to be from SMH, that you deem suspicious or have any concerns about (however slight), please contact SMH by telephone straightaway.
Once your matter has concluded, SMH will hold
your records on its record management systems for at least 6 years from the date that the matter is
closed in line with SMH’s retention periods. After that period has elapsed, SMH will delete your records
from its electronic systems. Once that has happened, your records will no longer be available.
14. SMH transfers your personal data outside of European Economic Area (EEA) where your personal data is backed up to cloud storage provided by companies based in the US. SMH’s storage providers are certified to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework which means that they agree to process personal data to the standards expected by Europe. SMH’s storage providers are bound by the same data protection laws as SMH, meaning that they have the same obligations to keep your information safe.
15. If you are an individual, you have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
16. Please note that the rights described above are not absolute rights (they are not rights’ that will be automatically granted), as SMH has to consider whether there are any reasons why it cannot meet your request. For example, SMH will not be able to delete data that it is legally obliged to keep. SMH will let you know if it is not able to meet your request and the reason why (where it is appropriate to disclose this information to you).
17. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are not happy with the way that SMH handles your personal data. You can contact the ICO at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or by calling the ICO’s helpline on 0303 123 1113.
18. Please note that where you provide consent to SMH using your personal data, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time. You can do this by informing your sales agent or contacting SMH’s designated Data Protection Manager.
19. SMH has appointed Yaz Raidan as its Data Protection Manager and you can contact him on 03301244786 to discuss any data protection related issues or queries’
23. Feedback, comments and complaints
1. We're always striving to improve and welcome any feedback or general comments you may have about our services.
2. It is a condition of our membership of the Property Ombudsman Scheme that we provide information relating to our complaints procedure. Please click the following link for further information on our complaints handling procedure: https://www.sellmyhome.co.uk/complaints
24. Notice of Right to Cancel
1. In accordance with the terms suggested by The Property Ombudsman we provide notice to our customers that they have the right to cancel, for whatever reason, the services of SellMyHome.co.uk within 14 days of instructing SellMyHome.co.uk Ltd. We will refund all monies except those that are part of a product that have been instructed by our customers. These may include: professional photographs, professional floorplan, EPC and any other products priced as per the pricing schedule viewable on the SellMyHome.co.uk Ltd website.
25. Refer a friend
We are enormously grateful to anyone who refers us business, as such we ensure we reward all referees accordingly. When your friend signs up to the Essential, traditional or modern auction package you will receive payment when their property is sold. You can register and refer at any time visiting our website refer a friend page